1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

guys with zspray

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by arborist, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Landgreen

Landgreen LawnSite Member

Sounds like you just need to adjust your spinner rpms. Does it spread 15' to the right and left as well? Mine throws only 8-9' on either side.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. ryhenry09

ryhenry09 LawnSite Member
    from NY

No, it seems to throw about 8' to sides.

So your saying adjust throttle ? Wouldn't that affect the throw to the sides as well. Just seems weird that it throws that far forward . Thx!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. arborist

arborist LawnSite Member

try turning the spinner speed down
  4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

More fert in the center is normal--that is why you must overlap the sides.
    But...it could also be an optical illusion from the angle your are watching. Does it look the same when someone else is driving your Z, and you are watching?

Try the "plate test" Put out 12 paper plates in a row across the pattern. Drive across and then count the number or particles in each. This gives you an idea of the eveness of the pattern.
  5. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

I had to re-index the spinner knob remove the set screw and turn it down.
  6. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

That method is fine, if you'll put a coating of oil or something on the plate to catch the prills. Otherwise, too many prills are going to skip off leaving you with an inaccurate measurement.
  7. dan_n_kc

dan_n_kc LawnSite Member

on my zspray if Im running at 3mph at 30psi it gives me .5 gallons per 1000. my lot size is 27500 sq'. the math would be for Lesco 3 Way is 1.3 x 2 x 27.5 = 75.2 ounces of lesco 3way and I'd fill up my resevoirs to 14 gallons?
  8. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know why you'd be going 3mph, or spraying at 30 psi...but anyway.
    Traveling at 5 mph and spraying at 40psi, using your .5gallon/1k nozzles with a 14 gallon tank you will cover 28k Sq ft. (Get it? 14 ÷ .5 = 28)
    1.3oz/1k Sq ft (28k) = 36.4 Oz
    Make it easy and figure 1oz/k and splash some sticker in there and call it good.

Don't make it harder than it is. Start with the size of the tank. 18 gallon tank ÷ nozzle size (18 ÷ .5 = 36 ) so your tank covers 36k Sq ft. Much easier to figure product now knowing how far you're going to go and simply multiplying your recommended oz/k of product.
    dan_n_kc likes this.