GX-120 Fuel cap

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by MCLC, May 3, 2008.

1. MCLC

MCLC LawnSite Member
    from STL

Anyone knows where can I get the new fuel cap 17620-z4h-010 for a Honda GX120. The engine came with a Turfco aerator and it keeps shutting off and I received a letter from Turfco that it the fuel cap was recalled but they wont send me or sell me a new fuel cap (makes you think about doing business again). Called Honda and they give me the numbers for two distributors but they don't have retailers near where I live.....long story short I can not find the darn thing.

2. S DIAMOND

S DIAMOND LawnSite Member
    from South

If this is the canister style fuel cap (charcoal filter built in) with the tethered chain attached, you would be right. That should be a warranty replacement, provided it falls into the same serial number range that Honda put out. Reads as if you are right. Wonder why they wouldn't't warranty that? Google Jack's small engines; $20.98

3. MCLC

MCLC LawnSite Member
    from STL

I have to say that after sending an e-mail to Turfco and fully explaining to them what is going on, they have decided to send me a new fuel cap for the engine.

4. MCLC

MCLC LawnSite Member
    from STL

Came home yesterday an there it was, a next day delivery box from Turfco with the new fuel cap by my front door. Thank you Turfco.