GXi Outdoor Power, BEAST and STANLEY mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GordonwJackson, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

There is nothing libel or slanderous about the online review or least nothing enough to warrant chasing down the poster. Seriously....

Anyhow i have yet to see any beast mowers at any of the home depots near me (there are 5 within 20 min), i have seen the shredder/chipper but they sat all last year and sits there today.

Honestly, Gordon, any growth you have seen last year was due to getting in bed with HD. That growth was isolated by HD picking your machines up and i don't think you will see any growth with staying power. Reason why i say this is I have yet to see one in NE Ohio (HD's or consumers). I live in a populated area and not a one, plus what ever beast products HD brought in are still there from last year.

I really want to see one so i can give an honest review. I was a buyer for 9 years, i have experience with products mfg in the orient and assembled here.

Should be interesting.

I also think GXI bought BOP or Bad Boy bought BOP.

Time will tell

2. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

The process of choosing an acceptable equity partner for Better Outdoor Products has taken much longer than any of us had anticipated but the answer to that question is very close to being determined. The company is presently in negotiations with three qualified potential partners, any of which would propel BOP into an entirely new realm. But, I can say unequivocally, GXi is not one of the three.

Thanks for the opportunity to answer a direct question Gordon- didn't mean to hijack your thread.

3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

About time you visited the mass mobs Gary...

4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Go Gary...GO!!!

5. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Gordon, why don't you drop one of your machines off with us for a month? We'll run it through the ringer and give an honest review with pictures and video at the end. Take a mower that was returned or something(I know home depot has a silly return policy and someone could return a mower that they didn't put gas in) and let us give it a shot. Not many commercial cutters are going to buy one without an honest review from another commercial landscaper.

6. JustinHayes

JustinHayes LawnSite Member

Hello Gordon, I've read many of the posts about the 54" Z-Beast and I'm wondering what "...model-year upgrades based upon the improvements identified during previous years' feedback and testing. " ... have been made for 2012?

I'm interested in buying one, but I need to know that you've fixed the issues that your customers were having last year.

7. cslawnandlandscape

cslawnandlandscape LawnSite Member
    from CT

That's a pretty good idea, nothing like a good hard field test from someone out in the field!

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Boy I have been on this site for 10 years almost every nite and I never read of their company or product.

9. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

Thanks for the update Gordon, and I think you have a winner with the brush mower. Haven't tried any of the others, but the brush mower is the best in it's class IMO.

10. JustinHayes

JustinHayes LawnSite Member

Well, Gordon... I suppose you don't check this site all that often and that's why no reply yet, but that's understandable. I called into GXI and talked to a very nice guy in technical support. I was mainly asking about the improvments in the 2012 Z-Beast as I'm wanting to order one to give it a try.

I'll go ahead and order one through HD and hope for the best. I'm optimistic that I'll get a good mower and that you have addressed all of the issues that past customers have had last year.

I'll follow it up with an unbiased review here on this site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.