1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gypsum

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by ozd12005, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Spot on.

I'll add, if you want to avoid pee spot syndrome, then water down the pee spot after deposition.

Not sure I would go that far, but with respect to "soil busting" it is probably true.

2. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

how did I accomplish the dog not peeing on the lawn? easy I trained him from a puppy not to. It can be raining cats and dogs and he'll still run across the lawn to the wood line. I just took him that far to pee when he was a puppy and he lernt. It was no different than training him not to pee in the house

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

That is the best solution I've heard on the subject... unfortunately dog owners are no more responsible in training their dogs ,,, than parents are their children...

4. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

There are two ways to prevent dog spotting on your lawn. First is to train your dog to do it's business in one spot, preferable a dirt, stone, or mulched area you don't care about. Second is to follow it around with a gallon of water and flush the areas they pee on. NOTHING else will work.

5. Groundworxky

Groundworxky LawnSite Member

I've never used gypsum but all this talk has me interested. Im going to try it on my yard, should I mix it with water? What kind of applications are you all using to put it down?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Again, you can have either a good dog, or a good lawn. Not both.