H2-B labor

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowJo, Feb 6, 2001.

1. MowJo

MowJo LawnSite Member
    from KY

How many of you are successfully using H2-B labor? If you are please let me know how its working for you.

Also:

One question I have is, once the temporary visa is issued how do we get a SSN (or equivlant) for the immigrant? What taxs do we need to withold? I'm mainly interested in setting up payroll correctly.

2. MowJo

MowJo LawnSite Member
    from KY

Not one response? I can't believe no one is using the H2-B program. Please speak up if your out there.

3. KindGardener

KindGardener LawnSite Member

I'm interested, too. I'd love to get one of my guys "legal" so he could get a CA drivers license & run a crew.

4. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

stop immigration.wow kinderg you got me thinking i should call the immigration police every time i see a foreiner cutting grass .

5. KindGardener

KindGardener LawnSite Member

Let's see... you are probably the offspring of what... immigrant Europeans? And being 2nd generation (or 8th makes you what...) besides a citizen.

I'd bet my F150 pickslip that you're not Native American. The rest of us are Immigrants. Go back to sleep- don't get me started.

6. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a new breed of scrubs, working with out a ss#,
    bet they don't pay taxes. Not paying taxes on this forum every one calls them scrubs, what shall we call people who hire immmigrants without a visa or green card.