H2B returning workers

Discussion in 'Employment' started by bushog, Jan 16, 2008.

1. bushog

bushog LawnSite Member

Anybody out there not going to get there returning, or new for that matter, workers this year. Two of each here, turned into all new because of new worker exemption non- renewal. So far i think maybe they have made it before cap was filled Jan. 2. Gonna be late though I`m sure.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am curious as to what the statement above means.....

3. bushog

bushog LawnSite Member

how about returning worker exemption non - renewal. I started process with 2 returning workers and 2 new workers.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I guess I am slow....are you saying that two of your workers that came on H2B last year are not being allowed to come back this year for some reason?

5. bushog

bushog LawnSite Member

No . Started process for 2008 season visas with 2 returning workers and .... 2 new or requested workers( friends of the others i`m requesting, instead of from pool). I was informed a while back that all of the above would be considered new workers for 2008, because there is no returning worker exemption for this time around........... Congress, so far, failed to pass the exemption as they have in the past. If i`m lucky i will get these guys this year.