H2B Workers

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Gotcha, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Gotcha

Gotcha LawnSite Member

Can someone give me the process of hiring H2b workers, looking to add to my work force this year, thanks in advance.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Better look to local hires it is way too late to get any H2B workers for this year. You need to get a law firm that provides that service in your area and they will help you get paper work in place. It is a very very long and hard proess and be prepared to put out some big bucks. I thought you had the highest unemployment rate in the nation...

3. Gotcha

Gotcha LawnSite Member

Yeah, but try to get them to come to work after you hire them, to hot, car broke down, wife's got to go to the doctors, feel sick, you get my point ? Hard to find good help. Thanks anyway.

4. mowranger

mowranger LawnSite Member
    from ms

NEXT Please!

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I understand the situation .....we are in our fifth year with H2b....workers aren't coming until April this year. In the meantime we work our butts off and hire from the streets. This process is a nightmare and it is clear that it is NOT an easy way to get good help.

6. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Ed al least yours are coming........we missed selection in the first round and are waiitng for congress to save our butts....last season we tried local help...BIG GIANT HUGE MISTAKE....hopefully(choking) congress will do something about the cap.

7. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

hiring H2b workers. I hear a lot of people complaining how it is working for you.:drinkup:

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

It works but you have got to develop a good relation with them if you want them to return. We set them up with housing and loan them money to pay all their utility deposits and some of the money they have to pay out of pocket to go thru the process and the tripl Out of the five we got the first year only 3 returned(one got job in cancun the other was school teacher). Both of my sons speak spanish and that is very very important to resolve issues...most of them know some english and take classes each year. One of the guys has an american girl friend so pretty sure he will be back.