Ha Ha that will teach them

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The mayor, Dec 30, 2005.

1. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

I was mowing for a business that did not like to pay. They Stiffed me of $240.00. My wife that takes care of all the paper work put a mechanics lean on there business. I don't know how that all works, but what I do know when they sold there business there was a outstanding debt. Mine. They had to pay up before they sold. Never had to go to court. :) I got my money.
  2. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Great!!!! Should be more of it!!!
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Does a lien like that go on their actual business, or on the property? What happens if the business doesn't own the property, but is merely leasing it? How does this work? What are the different steps (the differences) that have to be taken from one(business) to the other (property)?
  4. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Great move.
  5. googles

googles LawnSite Senior Member

Finally justice served
  6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Property or business or assets,if they own it,they cannot sell it without paying you first,or collect any monies from the sale without paying you first,they also have to pay you in bankruptcy too I think
  7. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

From what I understand it goes on the property. So if he was leasing (which he was not) The property owner is held responseable. The problem is you may wait along time to get your money. We knew he was selling and moving to Florida. It was just a matter of time for the business to be sold.
  8. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

good job. I am glad that you got your money.
  9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

NOT. A contractors lien can only be filed against Real Property.
  10. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Good move - sounds easy, but was it?