Had a Chance for $10,000 tonite at MAHTS!!

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by McKeeLand, Feb 15, 2007.

1. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

I had a chance at the half court shot for $10,000, but came up short!! It was dead on just not enough distance. I can't believe they even picked my name. What ya gonna do though, maybe i make it in the catalog this year. Last year they printed a MAHTS pic of the back of my head, thanks, maybe this year they will put the front so i can say to all of my customers where in the EP Henry catalog:laugh: It was fun, they might show it on comcast 8 on the "American Builder" show.

2. greenbottle27

greenbottle27 LawnSite Member

U go McKee! Frank's at the Boardwalk Hall party thing now - hoping they draw his name for the F150 2yr lease . We won a 42" plasma tv for superbowl so I doubt we get a truck tonight. Besides it was the F350 that got totaled last night plowing so the F150 wouldn't do us much good. And.... the back of Frank's head was in the same picture last year! *lol* I remember cause when he showed me the pic I picked his melon out on the first try. How ironic!!

3. McKeeLand

What does your husband look like, i am terrible with names but the f150 i thought went to a guy named frank, but i could be wrong. does he have a beard?

4. greenbottle27

greenbottle27 LawnSite Member

Wasn't him :( No new truck for us..... But if you saw 2 guys walking around with bottles of Becks - that was my husband Frank and his lighting guy, Mark Danza. Mark went down Thursday and brought a case of Becks. They stuffed their pockets and smuggled it in to the contractors party...they mighta stood out holding bottles.

Anywho - here's an action pic. No beard. He hates facial hair (on him) so no chance of that. Whew! Not the best picture of his face but you get the idea.

People think he's in the service cause of his short hair. I think he just looks old cause it's greying-fast *lol*

Question - what other manufacture do you use besides EP Henry? I'm asking because I've ALWAYS told Frank to use different manufactures to appeal to different likes and dislikes of the client and to tap into those other styles that aren't in our area now.

He only uses EP Henry and swears, literally refuses, to use anything else. I tell him that I personally think that's a bad business move. I trhink he's setting his own limits by doing that. Do you agree?

He has valid reasons for sticking with them. And valid reasons for not giving a new vendor a chance... I feel he's being unreasonable and narrow minded about at least trying say ReadingRock.

Whatda ya think?

100_2583.jpg

5. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the party was a blast. They boozed us up twice haha - then try to take a hoop shot from 50'. Paul Bunyan might be able to throw a basketball that far. Heres a mug shot from us...

MAHTS 2007.jpg

6. John Zaprala

John Zaprala LawnSite Senior Member

Cool man, My boss was another contestant. Rob Fluehr, he was the one who said he could've been a pro basketball player, but decided to pursure his career installing EP Henry patios. Definately an all-aroud fun night from EP Henry. Let's hope for a great season!

7. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are some more Evening Star pictures from MAHTS

DSC01675r.jpg

DSC01686rs.jpg

DSC01687r.jpg

8. stevejuris

stevejuris LawnSite Member

If you where the first guy to attempt the shot, I have a video of your shot. I will see if I can get it uploaded to you. From the video you are dead on, a little short but right at it!
    Great Effort
    Steve

9. McKeeLand

hey how ru steve? that was me the first shooter. that would be cool if you could do that. welcome to lawn site.

10. stevejuris

stevejuris LawnSite Member

Here's your video of your shot. It was dead on... just short. Better luck next year!

Attached Files: