1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Had a good day today...landed my biggest job yet.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Mar 26, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I was doing a 4.5 yd mulch job this morning when my phone rings and its one of the bigger hotel chains in my area and ask me to come give them a quote for lawn mowing. I got their and before i left i had the job so i was really excited. The guy said they didnt want any big company sending in different guys every week and that they would give me the oppertunity.
    Its a little under 2 acres and hardly no trimming at all,also little if any edging. I flat out asked the property manager where i needed to be and he said the last company was charging 160.00 a week so i said that would be ok but gas has gone up since then and he agreed and said lets call it 180.00...now thats what i call a good catch dont you think? Any way it made my day and my week!!
  2. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Big,
    Good for you!!
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats Man!!
  4. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks buddy and i also got a 75.00 bi weekly one today also, it will probably turn to weekly though. I did lose 2 jobs this week but they were both small 30-35 and problamatic customers so i didnt really mind losing them. Today more then made up for it.
  5. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good job! Sounds like a fair price!
  6. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Man i wish i could be out mowing and doing cleanups and such.
  7. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

Right on BIG!
    those last minute 'calls' are always great when they end in your favor!

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Sounds like your on your start to a great year! How many accounts do you have set up for this year if you don't mind me asking?
  9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Good job! Have yourself a beer!
  10. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

good job BigW. im kinda disapointed because i havnt got a single call this year,