Had a good day!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EagleLandscape, May 20, 2004.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

So I just mowed this one new account I got for the day. 35 bucks an account, and once it's all back in shape it should only take me 25 minutes. But then I went to go and do some tree work I had planned. Just a quick 40 minute job in this one tree.

Well I'm up in the tree, and a neighbor comes along (thought I was gonna unleash hell on them because I was really hot and tired, and last night I had a splinter dug out of my foot, along with a core-chunk of skin off of the bottom of my foot) but she needed 4 shrub stumps taken out. That was the easiest 10 minutes and 40 bucks of my life. And then while cleaning up the previous tree work, another neighbor came out and wanted his live oak trimmed up. Took me about 20 mins and somehow I wiggle 70 bucks outta him.

Oh and yesterday I was doing a big tree/brush job and just felt like I needed a chainsaw with a little more power. I had the Echo CS300 (piece of sh*t) but I went and got the Echo 440 Saw. And man-o-man, does this thing ever have enough power. I've probably made well over 500 major cuts in the past day and this thing hasn't even flinced, and I've been through 5 tanks of gas on it already and 3 tanks of chain oil. ANd the saw was only 299.

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

Thats awsome. I love those days where you get a lot of extra jobs that aren't hard. I ususally get about 3-4 extra jobs a week from people who need a cut once or twice while they are gone or when it gets too hot etc. Those always help bump up the weekly total.