1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Had a problem at the ATM today.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by inzane, Sep 15, 2013.

1. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

1. Take photo of check with phone or tablet app.
    2. Push send.
    3. See money in account.

Check local listings for availability.

2. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

to many checks to deal with to do it that way, i think i'm gonna do it the old fashioned way.. Its been 10 years or more since i've went in a bank to deposit anything though, i may have to go in and get a quick refresher course. lol.

3. inzane

i'm gonna wear my viking helmet when i go make a deposit.. :drinkup:

4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Mac deposit is incredibly convenient when you're dealing with large stacks of checks though.

5. inzane

and i still haven't seen my checks go in the bank.. $500.00 in checks just gone *poof* just like that... just great.

6. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

No hat rule probably has to do with security. most bank photos of people wearing hats, hide the face. Kind of useless when trying to indentify a thief. But I know what your saying.

7. wat5150

wat5150 LawnSite Member

What?? No hats allowed?? What bank is this? Ive never heard of such a thing. I would be doing business elsewhere.:walking:

8. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

You don't live in the city.

I would, but that's pretty much standard operating procedure at most banks around here.

When I was approached by the "guard", I said "Seriously?". He began to explain the rationale and I interrupted him saying "Yes, I KNOW why and this will be the last time I come in here."

"Oh, well, you can refuse", he said very quickly in a tone that implied that he didn't want to cause the bank a lost customer, to which I replied "Well then, I refuse" and replaced my ball cap.

I haven't been back inside the bank since. Screw them. Those people are lucky to HAVE jobs in today's computer age. The more customers they run off, the faster they will be replaced by a machine.

9. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

My banks open until 7 on week nights and they're open sat and sun. Thats the main reason I am with them
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. wat5150

wat5150 LawnSite Member

Ive been in many banks before and I have never heard of such a foolish policy. I wear a ball cap sometimes and 10 out of 10 people can still tell its me. I can understand if you came in with a hat then a hoodie pulled up and a pair of shades on that would be justifiable. But a ball cap. Thats just stupid.