had a rough day of it yesterday

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by grassman177, Aug 30, 2012.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

anyone have an opin of which mini trac with vibrating plow is the best? my only actual experience is with a toro dingo, but will be looking in the future i am sure. vermeer has been touted to me, then there is ditch witch, bobcat etc. which is the best, less problematic, toughest and easiest to use?

2. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

I own a vermeer 600tx mini skid attachements are universal with all but bobcat. I looked st the ditch witch power head and plow. I currently use a dw 255 puller and like the vib plow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Dirt Boy

Dirt Boy LawnSite Senior Member

I have an DW SK650 with a Toro vibratory plow which I bought used a few years back. I have had zero problems with the plow - knock on wood.
    I just plowed a yard this week, like plowing through concrete, mercy but it was hard dry gumbo ground, was hoping and praying that everything wouldn't shake itself to pieces. Either my prayers were heard, or that's one tough little unit, because nothing happened .............. wait till the next job.

My experience, which probably don't count for too much, is that a dedicated vibratory plow can turn sharper than a mini skid, but the versatility of the mini skid, IMO, makes up for it's short comings.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't doubt that a dedicated plow can take more of a beating than a mini-skid can, based on the geometry of the attachments.

5. grassman177

I think so too, but would be impractical from a size aspect for me.

I def could not turn well with the mini skid, but extra hard ground did work against me. Waaaaa not bad in softer soil.

So are the dw and vermeer tougher units, or in other words is the dingo built any less rugged?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont think the dingo is any less of a machine. I guess my point is i would rsther have a dedicated plow unit for pulling pipe. My dw is strictly a vib plow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

same here. and your not working backwards.

8. hunterpreferred

hunterpreferred LawnSite Member

9. grassman177

Those are nice, but we are not that close to owning one yet.thanks though
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

The burkeen fits thru gates , mine has been doing it since 1985 , bought it new still going strong .