had a thought

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeLT1Z28, Jun 6, 2001.

1. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, i know, hard to believe!:D i got my new Pro today and while reading it, I started thinking, most of my other magazines (car ones) have a monthly section on reader submissions and readers rides. Wonder if Pro or Turf would do something offering readers tips or submitted "Readers Rigs". just a small thought from my small mind...

2. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike,
    I think they profile different companies.

It would be a nice feature, but a feature that is here at LawnSite already. Many members have posted pics of their equipment. Having it in a magazine would be great for bragging rights.

I wish Pro and Turf magazines were weekly publications.

3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, i can see that. i just finished reading about a company in FL in business since '83 that grosses about 1.5M a year in sales. must be nice!

i love both the mags, wish it was weekly myself. i think Growing Dreams is my favorite article in the whole thing.

4. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

I think they should make a section called "scrubs of the month" (LOL).:laugh:

5. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

got my pro mag. last year, alot of good articles in it. i think its good to profile other companies, so people like me and you can dream and set goals to being better than companies like that, not bigger or better profit but better quality and working environment.

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

CMerLand, Please Read the Posting Guidelines

7. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I noticed that the company profile usually have nice looking people in the photos, I would like to see a sweaty, dirt sticking to the sweat, with a swarm of gnats and a dog coming at a guy photo.

This issue did have a walk behind in very used condition on the cover.

It would be nice to see a company that failed profiled also. I think more is learned by error than good fortune.

Scub profiles... I would like to read an interview with that guy pulling his mower on the wagon behind his bicycle.