had five beers before mowing my lawn + ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by americanlawn, Aug 29, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Last night, heavy rains were moving in quickly, so I figured I'd mow my lawn while it was still dry, get a better cut, and beat the rain.

Well, I already drank some brewskees (5), so I climbed on my John Deere 727-A and mowed my 2-acre lawn anyway. Turned out nice (not the straigtest lines), yet I just barely beat the heavy rains.

Odd thing.........since I had some beers, it seemed like only "minutes" instead of the normal "two hours" when I got my 2 acres of lawn mowed.

Question: Any tips on how to make mowing time seem to fly by while mowing big lawns????:usflag:

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Another 5 beers?

We can start calling you George Jones. :)

3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

We can tell you had 5 beers from your stats ... to mow 2 acres on your JD machine should take no more than 1 1/4 hours, not 2 hours !!

4. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont need your rocking chair, your geritol or your medicare.

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Okay guys....I hear ya, but I was thinking more along the lines of wearing radio headsets or watching the hard-bodies in the backyard pool. LOL

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

After a 12 pack, you can mow into the future.

7. KTO Enterprises

Or if you tow your mower with a Delorean

8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

When I time travel. I just use a tow behind finish mower behind my Delorean. It handles a lot better, doesn't overheat the flux-capacitor and allows me to maintain 1.21 Gigawatts.

9. KTO Enterprises

I find that 1.21 Jiggawatts is not enough for lawn care. I try to tune the flux capacitor int 1.39 jiggawatts. I also dont raise my door for less than 40 Duckets (money of the future)

10. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I cut my grass every friday after a long day of mowing my accounts. I come home pretty tired and know I should cut it. After a couple beers, you get a second or third wind, and I auctually enjoy cutting my grass. Sometimes I wish I could drink a beer while doing some customers houses...but that is a NONO.