Had Homer Simpson DOH!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sweet Tater, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Went to bid a job today (it was a good day, 7 bids and got 6) but anyhow, after I made my bid of $65 the guy made a funny face and exclaimed wow.... well of course I had to ask if he felt that was to high, he stated no, I was expecting $200.
    Guess I need to re-evaluate something.. Wish I had know he would pay that much, I'd have bid lots higher, But it was a simple acre and I actually felt 65 was a good price.

2. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

If your gonna make good coin who cares. Maybe he had no idea and just figured it would be high. Glad to hear thing are going well for you.

3. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Every once in awhile you get that surprize and you feel like you just left a bunch of money on the table. You never really know but a quick comeback might have been like this. $65 is our discount rate for new customers for the first mowing. After that it's XXXX amount. It might be worth a shot the next time that happens to you.

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

thats not a bad deal for you really. You should be able to mow the acre in less then a 1/2hr with that 52" Exmark. :)