Had my equipment stolen

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by Prosno, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Prosno

Prosno LawnSite Member
    from Ct

Parked my trailer in the drive for the afternoon it had two scag ZTRs, a 48 walkbehind scag, and a new 14 hp Fradan leaf blower.
    Some scumbags backed up drive in broad daylight and stole the Fradan off the trailer-What the heck is wrong with people???
    Really screws up my week cause now I have to search the pawn shops and see if it turns up and if not buy another unit.
    I always took equipment theft for granted and figured heck I'm in a quiet neighborhood it wont happen here, ya right!

2. Weedas_Lawn_Care

Weedas_Lawn_Care LawnSite Member

its one thing if you steal a mans T.V. he goes without intertainment but stealing his equipment you steal his livelyhood people are amazing what they will do

3. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

where in CT are you?

4. Prosno

Prosno LawnSite Member
    from Ct

Wallingford

5. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

What part of Wallingford? I'm from Wallingford and I'll keep a close eye out for anything I might see. I'm from out by the Woodhouse soccer fields. Just curious what part of town you were in when the blower was stolen?

6. CAT powered

Sorry for the double post, but I can't edit my post.

I had a STIHL TS400 stolen right out of the back of my truck. It was parked on the street because it had a trailer on it. The saw was way in the front of a utilty body where you couldn't see it unless you stood on the bumper/trailer tongue to look in the bed.

A few places to check are the pawn shop on State Street in New Haven and the Redwood flea market in Wallingford down by the Oakdale (Chevrolet Theater).

7. Prosno

Prosno LawnSite Member
    from Ct

I'm up in Ridgeland in the ridges truck and trailer was in driveway, happened about 2 pm daylight. Ubelievable frikken people, still cant believe it.

8. CAT powered

I drive by the Redwood Flea-Market every Saturday and Sunday and there is a guy there that has a booth set up with landscaping equipment EVERY week. I haven't seen any big blowers or anything there, but I'd still check that out. I've always thought that place had a lot of stolen stuff there. Hopefully if they get caught with stolen stuff there they might finally shut that stupid place down. People there drive like IDIOTS and they park 3/4 on the road.

9. TexasFire221

TexasFire221 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Going by the pawn shops wouldnt do much good would it? Don't the keep everything in the back for 90 days or something?

10. Prosno

Prosno LawnSite Member
    from Ct

Police called last night and wanted numbers from my blower, said they had a suspect so lets see how this goes, havent heard anything yet but I'll update