1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Had my first ever agreements signed today..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Just wanted to share...

Well it's about 10 years in this business for me and this year is the first year with an agreement (contract). I have been working on them for a few months. I was constantly changing them.. never feeling they were worded the right way. They were probably fine the first time but I was nervous as to how the customer may react to this term or that...

I finally got up enough courage to present them to 4 clients today.. Other than my nerves everything went fine... no disagreements, questions or hesitations on thier part. They just signed at the bottom and I was on my way.

I hope the others are just as pleasent.

Why am I still nervous?
  2. I like the way you refer to them as agreements. That word "contract" can scare off customers. With your consideration toward the customer, you're going to do great!

How about posting a copy of it for the rest of us to see?

3. Good for you, and stop shaking.

Agreement=contract, all the court needs to know.
  4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Now the balls in your court!

Good luck and keep on sellin'!
  5. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Its those agreements, signatures and deposits that make this whole thing work!

Its because of all that -I get to sit back and enjoy this beautiful Monday with my family. (I only work 2-3 days per week during off-season, and those days aren't hard)

Congrats on the contracts - Lets get MORE!
  6. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

hey that would be nice to see those agreements also they would helpthe making of mine thanks !!!!!!!
  7. mikey

mikey LawnSite Member

ya tsg hook us all up lets have a look send me one
  8. Jim Feder

Jim Feder LawnSite Member

If It is ok I would like to see one i have been trying to think one up but i am having so problems.:) Jcfeder@aol
  9. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

could you send a copy of your agreement to me bballpatd14@aol.com , i seem to always leave things out when i present the idea to new clients so i am looking over different ones before i make mine this year.
  10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

good man. last year i had my first written agreements, made me sleep alot better. this year, everyone signs one, or they dont get me. dont be nervous, u should be more nervous about working without one!