had myself a laugh today

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by sheshovel, Jun 13, 2005.

1. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Lady calls and wants her lawn" reseeded cuz the renters ruined the lawn".Get there to check it out today and this is what I see.What a laugh I had. :D :D

2. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

That looks like some kind of grain! Is there any grass at all? If so, is it dormant from drought and/or being taken over by the "weeds"?

3. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Tider,that's what Kentucky 31 tall fescue looks like when it hasn't been cut in a while.

4. CAL-LANDSCAPER

CAL-LANDSCAPER LawnSite Member

Looks like start of 'nature' trying to fix man's invasion of those hills

5. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

Looks to me like a good mowing would solve your re-seeding request :D

watch out for those rabbits..

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Yep its about to re-seed itself lol

7. sheshovel

I told her she needs a new front lawn not reseeding an existing lawn,kill and remove weeds,topsoil and organic matter tilled in,grading to drain,and then sod or seed.And replant the front hill with rosemary and do Front and back .Then told her she missed the window for seeding,will be much too hot to start a lawn right now.

8. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

it looks like the lawn is reseeding itself quite nicely. Tell her to mow it, rake it and bale it. The repeat again at the end of July. Then open it up as pasture for her cows. After the cows are back in for the winter she can spread their manure on it all winter and will have a beautifull "lawn" when the growing season starts again next year.

9. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Is that your '53 in the driveway?

10. sheshovel

Yes it is..your good!!.... most have to ask what year is that?hear it all year long,what year is that? what year is that?That is my work truck.Some would call it a srub truck,I call it cooool!! 403 Olds under the hood,pwr strng,pwr brks,tilt wheel and all Camaro underneath,clipped not cut.I love my truck been driving it for 11 years now.Traded a Sportster for it.