Had no choice... Tractor Supply Bad Boy...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cuts, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

Was in a bind... My Snapper 52" took a sh## on me... and has been for the past couple weeks. In and out of the shop... (I blame the shop) seems they keep replacing the damn spark plugs, but refuse to look for the reason the plugs are fouling out. Needless to say, I should always have a back plan, but didn't, so I decided to pick up the Bad Boy. Wanted to spend more money for the bigger better machines... ex.. Walker, Exmark, Scag ect. But, it's tax season... I'm gonna owe a bunch. My house (being built) is closing in April... and I haven't even bought appliances or furniture yet. UGH! So I shopped around for a decent machine under 6,000. Came up with this. Now I can put the Snapper in the shop and get it fixed RIGHT!
    I think the main reason I went with it, was because the warranty. Full 4 years. Mechanical, electrical AND WEAR AND TEAR! Go figure!

badboy1.jpg

badboy2.jpg

badboy3.jpg

badboy4.jpg

2. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

Looks like a nice mower, let us know how it works out for you.

3. Carolina Cuts

Thus far... it's pretty good. Needs some minor tweeks though. The deck is lowering to 2 inches... (the gage reads that it drops further) which down here, would help. The alignment is a little off as well... specially in reverse. Of course the guy at tractor supply told me the trucks dropped them off and split... no fine tuning was done on the units. Cut is ok... 60"... it does the job. It's quiet until I engage the blades.... then I need the ear muffs. I use to zip around on the used snapper... this one I'm finding myself being very careful... guessing because it's new. Hydrolic deck... takes some gettin' use to as well.

4. ACEMowing

ACEMowing LawnSite Member

I love the Bad Boy mower line... we're looking for a reason to justify a new Lightning Z series. But, where did you hear about the warranty... I read where the ZTs are 1 year warranty for commercial use... not 4 years.
    I'm also sure Tractor Supply doesn't have the ability to do the setup once they receive them so I'm sure there's a little tweaking that the dealer normally does for you.
    Congrats on the new mower... bet you'll love it.

5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Thats not a bad looking mower at all. Let us know how you make out with it and lets see some pic's of lawns you have cut.

6. Carolina Cuts

Tractor Supply offered it... through badboy apparently. The warranty work that came with the BadBoy information packet talks about 1 year commercial/2 year residential. BUT, when I paid for the machine... they offered me an extended plan... 3 year - $399....4 year - $525. Full parts and labor...... according to tractor supply. I hope TS wasn't BS'n me....

7. Carolina Cuts

Don't have any yet. Only cut a lousy commercial account so far. Not worth taking pics of... in fact... you can't appreciate a picture of a fresh cut lawn down here, as you could a northern lawn. We cut em' pretty short... 1.5" - 2"... yup, pretty tight. So forget the lines and striping.

8. Carolina Cuts

this is an example... lawn was cut 24 hours before.... with a 52". It's clean... even... but that's about it. Centipede grass.

johnsmith2.jpg

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

So, who is going to do the warranty work during the extended warranty period? Just wondering, since TSC sure can not handle it.

10. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

TSC sends it to the local Mower shop. When I took my Cub Cadet in, I got to meet the owner of the shop they sent it too. It took one less then a week, and did everything right.