Had this installed today and seems to work nice.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Mar 17, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Operator Controlled Discharge

Innovative foot control delivers greater productivity than traditional hand operated designs. The blocker door opens and closes allowing user to quickly and effectively control discharge when mowing around mulch beds, parked cars, homes and other objects.

Alot of my customers are telling me the last guy shot clippings into their flower beds so to help prevent this i had this installed today,im sure you pros dont need this but hey i think its pretty cool and super easy to use. Foot controlled and dont have to remove the chute either.

ocd.jpg

2. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

I know a way to not shoot clippings in their beds. point the discharge away from it!

3. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

LMAO.... exactly, how hard can it be??!! :dizzy::dizzy::drinkup:

4. bigw

im sure their is times when you simply cant do that or all these companies wouldnt be making these right? I mean im sure the lawn could benifit being cut in one direction and just so happens a flower bed could be in the line of fire from the chute right? Not all flower beds are in the perfect place are they? I forgot 2 yrs in the business and 1 yr has made you guys the experts and you would never need something like this in any situation.

5. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

Big W, i wasnt knocking you at all. I just think you would be surprised at how many people dont think about this. I picked up an old lady that lives behind my GF parents house last year. The reason she dropped her last guy, he mows with his discharge shoot pointing towards the beds. Her quote to me "Even I know not to do that". The thing was that she told him time after time and he didn't change. This bed is aligned with the back of her house in a straight line, there is no reason not to put the discharge chute away. I just was making a point that for the most part, it is a lack of regard on the operators part.

6. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

FYI..I'm..there..can't..wouldn't..,..benefit.. that's just the grammar/spelling lesson for ya big Wubbaya.. LOL :nono: BTW, I have mowed, landscaped for others for about 8 years, just putting my self-employed (inflicted) info.. on here...

7. bigw

i understand but i think they make these for some reason right. I mean they were a big hit to alot of lco's at a trade show i just came from

8. bigw

so your"e a duche bag that can spell or should i say use spell check...point is you're still a duche bag.:laugh:

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'm glad you think like this, I actually thought about buying several cheap car covers (FULL size one size fits all) to cover up vehicles to keep the dust off... Some service providers don't think, but it's more than just not shooting grass all over the place, these mowers stir up fine dust the breeze carries it. Unfortunately I didn't do it because I was afraid if the covers got dust in them (and likely they would) that this might leave fine hair-like scratches on the finish of some vehicles (and some of my customers, they got niiice cars lol).

Because it is about giving a rat, that's half the reason I demand the prices I do.

And I always take a minute or two and spray the cars off with the blower (careful you don't touch the finish with the nozzle) afterwards... It's not perfect but it helps, don't forget the front wheels blow out the brake dust that accumulates in there.

Yeah it is a trick thou when you got two beds side by side with a strip of grass down center, I like this OCD chute. Mine pizzed me off, spring loaded it won't stay up, took the spring off and now sometimes it won't stay down or up, so I took the whole thing off.

I might look into this foot operated thing, thou I suspect the cost is what has kept me from doing it...

A neat trick is to turn your engine rpm's way down and go slow, that helps as well.

10. Sunstate Lawn

Sunstate Lawn LawnSite Member

I agree with topsites. It's this kind of proactive thinking that the industry needs.