Had to FIRE one today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Daily Lawn/Landscape, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Got a call from one of my foreman, that has been with me for 3 yrs, at 1:15 today stating while he was taking my truck and trailer back to my home someone hit him and ran. Asked if he was alright and he was fine. Asked if he got a plate number or make and color of car. He said it happened so fast he did not know. He said they hit him on the drivers side down at the end of my street while he was turning around in the parking lot. I told him to call the police and have a report made. I could tell by our conversation that something was not right. Before I got home I had figured out what he had done and drove straight to the parking lot to take pics of the scene. And sure enough found the two post that he hit with my truck with skid marks on the pavement and the paint from my truck on them. I was so disappointed at what I was seeing after what he told me. All he would of had to say was, I messed up and everything would have been alright, but because he lied, I had to get rid of him. The more I deal with idiots like this the more I think about going solo again. Do I report him for filing a false police report?
    What would you do?

2. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

alert the police that they are not looking for a hit and run car, and let them file the report against him. also make sure the damages to the truck/property are paid for in full before you break ties with him entirely

3. Chris G

Chris G LawnSite Member

wow sorry to hear about that..i just wish people would be more honest

just a quick question, if he had told the truth would you have kept him on your fleet?
    i know i would

4. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

If he filed a false police report then yes I would turn him in....

5. cgll1135

cgll1135 LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear about your truck. If you don't get it straight with the law how would that affect any insurance claim that you will have?

6. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

at the very least,fire him.i don't think the PD would really give a rats donkey about it.as long as it don't cost you money.don't make waves.Your always gonna find guys like this in the work we do.its part of the industry.

7. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

What did he actually do? turn to quick around a pole or something or what?

8. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Yes he would still be working had he been honest with me. Accidents happen.

9. Daily Lawn/Landscape

No from what I can tell he just was not paying attention and hit the polls. I'll post some pics after I get the kids to bed.

10. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

Probably texting, checking out a girl or on the phone.