Had to laugh Today

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by GeoffDiamond, Jan 26, 2001.

1. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Today I was out on the road for a few conferences. I ended up in the souther part of Maine South Portland to be exact.

Well I see trucks with plows and sanders, no big deal.

Only I had to laugh when I saw a new ( older body style but no more than a year old )Chevy 3500. 8'pick up bed the owner had a tool box on the truck, that I guess he refused to remove. The owner had his 8' v-box spreader in the truck with the last 2 feet hanging off the tailgate of the truck. Now what was funny was the spreader was full of sand. I could see that the tailgate was starting to bend, and the support cables for the tailgate were very stressed.

Why do people do things like this. It also looked like the spreader had been in the truck like this all season.

Geoff

2. site

site LawnSite Member

Theres one guy near us who keeps his minute mount plow and tailgate spreader on all winter. I'll see him driving around with it for weeks and weeks without using it. Not quite as dumb as what you saw but not so smart either. The same guy loads his truck up with every tool imaginable in the summer and leaves it that way. I guess he needs a garage.

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

My sand/salt supplier has at the lot a new (post-99) superduty 4 dr with short bed, with a 8 foot v-box in the back, same situation you describe.

I think its an employees truck, as its different color than all the rest.

4. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Are you guys spying on us?
    At least we don't have to worry about hooking up Frozen connections!!

5. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

Two day's a go at a dealer I saw a 2001 f350 with a small lift 33' tires and a 7.5 ld fisher on it. He was buying a snow defector for it. Boy was he getting looks from all the people there, it was funny!