1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

had to teach my dealer what to use ff for

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Jimslawncareservice, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

i have been buying the spray cans of ff for several years now. This year i i am going to use a gallon with a brush to see how well it works. So i had my dealer order a gallon. He goes what do you use that stuff for any. i reply mower decks, plows , blowers, hedge trimmer, wax, sticky hinges, trailer gates plus about 2 million other things. I just couldnt believe they didnt know any of this. maybe i wouldnt be the only one buying the stuff there if they informed people about its uses.

I wish i had a camera with yesterday. i sprayed my hd 60'' blower on my 1445 with it. 2 coats. we had upper 30s for temps so the snow was sticky as heck, it kept most of it from sticking and plugging. My personal drive is a 1/2 mile long and every windy day we get over 10mph the drive fills in.
  2. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice! I wish you had a camera too, lol. Yes, we do need to put something together that would better inform dealers as to the wonders of the product. The problem is that since we are the manufacturer, we don't have much interaction at that level.

You could always tell them to contact us if they'd like flyers or other marketing materials.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  3. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

if we get some warmer days i will have to spray half with ff and show the difference.
    last week i ran out of ff and plugged the blower several times in wet stuff. when its cold it never bothers.
  4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i am down here in florida, and at our vacation home i found so may uses, but of course i had none and it is not my home!!!hahaha

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

i know the first thing you're gonna pack for your next trip:laugh:
  6. rwaters

rwaters LawnSite Senior Member
    from Online

the problem for dealers is the marketing materials do not really tell everything it does. I still like the idea of a snake oil ad making light of the fact that people use it for everything. Advertising your products sucks till the guy tries it... then it wants it by the case.
  7. TimTim2008

TimTim2008 LawnSite Bronze Member

can you it, in a sprayer?

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

any sprayer that you can use latex paint in will work prviding the tip size is correct. the other good option is an automotive undercoating gun