Had to tow my leaf truck tonight

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by DBL, Dec 26, 2007.

1. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

Just got back. Leaf truck (99 Isuzu npr with high sides) broke down today. Pretty sure its the starter but it was about 10-15 miles away from our shop. I work very very part time at a towing company just for a little fun and extra spending cash...oh and i have 6 trucks so everyonce and a while they need towed and thats a perk of working there they let me tow my stuff when needed.....so i towed this back to our shop and will work on it tomorrow. Just thought I would post some pics of the towing

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

ha, been there!
  3. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

is that your first starter on that truck? How many miles do you usually get out of those things before you have noticed any major problems? I'm leaning towards getting one this spring.
  4. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

That stinks, it must be nice to be able to tow your stuff when you need too.
  5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

no joke, i bought a 30' tilt deck trailer and I've about paid for it in moving our busted trucks around when needed
  6. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

tom i needed you this morning when my truck wouldn't start...haha

fortunately for me it was only the battery
  7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I had to get towed this AM also. As I was leaving my driveway to go sand/salt at 4:30, smoke started filling the cab. Some wires shorted out again, 4th time in 6 years that has happened. I have been told that cab overs are noted for this problem.
  8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

boy thats the truth, nothing beats a nice landoll with a 30k winch on it.
  9. DBL

she was kind of heavy (fully loaded with wet leaves). Also it was only the starter so she was back up and running wed.
  10. DBL

this truck only has 18k on it but sat for almost a year so im pretty sure it was from sitting