hail damage

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JKOOPERS, May 30, 2004.

1. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

just wondering if anyone else out there is doing leaf clean-ups right now? we had severe storms all week and it looks like fall in some cities by me

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

really? It caused that much of leaves to come down to make you have to do clean ups?

3. JKOOPERS

oh yeah the streets are covered and a bunch of little twigs. everyones landscaping is trashed

4. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

We had a F4 tornado travel through our area a week ago. A very rural village, Hallam, NE were completely destroyed. Norris Public School is flattened. The schools closed for summer break on Friday and Saturday evening the tornado took out the school. Lots of damage over a very wide spread area. I havent seen it all but only saw the TV news and news paper reports. Last night we had 90 mph straight line winds reported in some areas around here.
    So we are sitting on pins and needles - very severe storms coming from time to time.

5. JKOOPERS

it just got done hailing again the rivers are at its banks and its still raining. i only got to cut 2 days last week

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am glad that I live up here, we are lucky to have maybe one tornado come through a year, and even that its so minor you can almost stand out in the lawn and watch it go by

7. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

As a kid I had a funnel cloud follow me and my family home from schoool one night along the highway. We got home and it just sat over our house and rotated for like 15minutes. MY grandfather just had knee surgery and could go down the stairs so he walked around to the back door on a walker while this big ol funnel cloud is above us. I was out with him and scared to death, it finnaly moved and tuched down half a mile from us and went thru this little town and wrecked a church and school that had just been repaired from the last tornado. It was the most amazing/scary thing I have ever seen. It had to be close to half a mile wide. My mother is a nurse and we got in are car and tried to go down to help, but we couldnt get down because of all the white trash idiots trying to have a peak, some where even leaning out their windows with video cameras. We gto down there finnaly but no one was hurt thank god. And to top it all off I went out and cut our 2 1/2 acres with my the wonderful old cub cadet 18horse garden tractor. Man was it beautiful after that storm.

8. RBP

RBP LawnSite Member
    from mi

we had straight line winds here several years ago,them things are wicked.Could have sworn it was a tornado but the news siad it was straight line winds.

9. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

We just had another storm here in st louis. hundreds of trees are down. Its a mess. Someone was even killed when tree fell on his suv.

10. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73222
    Here is a likk to some pics of the storm from last tuesday. Go to the second page, the pics did not load right at first.
    I have been working all week to clean up the last storms damage, and now there is more, unbelieveble!!!
    I live in Arnold, Mo and yesterday afternoon, I think we had a tornado come through about 100 feet behind my home. trees down all over the place, limbs scattered. My neighbor had a lot of damage at his house. At least 10 large trees down.Pics will come....