Hail storm just passed through!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nova, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Nova

Nova LawnSite Member

A hail storm just passed through Toronto 10 mins ago.

I snapped a few pics for your enjoyment, good thing it's Sunday. I'd hate to be stuck in that!

2. Nova

Nova LawnSite Member

And the aftermath...

3. Nova

Nova LawnSite Member

another one...

4. Nova

Nova LawnSite Member

last one...

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Had one like that here about 1 month ago.
  6. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

yep, we had one here a couple years ago. Busted up shingles on the house, broke out the skylights in the shop. Many, many people had to get cars fixed cuz of the waffle look the hail left them with. Luckly the 2 chevys that were outside came thru ok. It almost made me cry to watch that hail bounce of them. And I ain't talkin a little bit of hail. Went out after it was over and not a single dent. I guess I got lucky there. It also broke the screens out of the house winows but luckly the windows themselves were ok. So I fell your pain up there.
    About 6 years ago I got caught in a very very small hail storm. It only lasted for a few seconds but I had welts and looked like I was beat with a bat. I was way out in the middle of nowhere so there was no way to find something to get under. I am glad it was not like the big one or I could see how people end up in the hospital from these things.
  7. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like you need to start plowing/salting a little earlier than expected.:D
  8. Nova

Nova LawnSite Member

Tell me about it! The pellets were still there on my back deck an hour after!

Here's the radar shot: