Hall of Good Work and Skill Please

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by RhettMan, Jun 4, 2014.

1. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

There are alot of seasoned vets in here. Much could be learned from their work, and I for one would greatly enjoy a thread full to the brim of inspirational good-work.
    I imagine there might be some of you that (though we well know you to do excellent work) might be too modest to post pictures of your own work, thinking it haughty. I urge you to sacrifice your modestly for the sake of educating the industry, or, at the least, post other's work that you yourself admire.
    Oh, and, perhaps this might remain one of those "no negative opinions threads"
    Thanks

Finally, as a start, could someone please help me find the photo of Leary's wiring on that calsense. (a photo that instantly fixed my own perception on how a wire terminal should look.)

2. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

scratch "calsense", i meant to type something else, but you'll have to guess until the picture is found.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I'm going down to one of my megas next week, will post some pics. I need some fresh Rain Master ones to torment Kiril with, as well. :rolleyes:

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Getting my pencil ready to gouge my eyes out ..... but then at least it will be a "new" pic, right dad?

How's your Polaroid holding up old man? :laugh:

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Put your safety goggles, on, Kiril. Or not, as these no longer exist in the pictured form, and I would never bother trying to recreate them, even if the clock rolled back to the days when resilient-seated isolation valves weren't a requirement for PVB backflow protection.

The skill part involves fabricating these without any unions or soldering or swivel fittings, upstream of the PVB, even though the PVB cover is just a fraction of an inch from the foundation wall.

[​IMG]

6. ErnieMccracken

ErnieMccracken LawnSite Member

Uneasy lies the head that wears the drip irrigation crown