1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

No idea... ask sprinkus...

Looks like it could be the hydrorain 100 series... maybe one of those toro heads they sell at HD

2. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Look like old Toro 570's.

Just goes to show that hackism is an international phenomenon.

3. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

ROFLMAO :laugh::laugh::laugh::laughing:

4. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Fuzzy pic but the nozzle appears to be Toro.
    The heads looked like the older 570's.

IMG_4786.jpg

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

go back and check, willya

6. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Nope, the 10 hour flight back while sitting next to someone's screaming child has ended my desire to travel overseas again. :cry:

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

"Well, let's see, this should not be too big a deal to fix, oh, it's been running for a couple of days?" :dizzy:

DSCN1652pt.jpg

8. Cloud9Landscapes

Cloud9Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ca

Ha at one of my job sites where I am installing drainage, the next door neighbor is installing a shed on the side of his house. He had to move a bunch of cheap laborer installed laterals in order to pour a footing for his shed. Well, the entire backyard is fed from the anti-siphon valves in the front (which are of course about 3/4 the way buried in the planter)...but also the slope in the backyard had some anti-siphon valves (at the bottom of the slope of course) which were fed from a line that was fluster clucked together with a bunch of laterals (buried 4" deep naturally) that fed from the front to the backyard for the grass around the pool and planters. :laugh::dizzy:

Regardless, it was a mess. And while I had ran to get some drainage tiles, he cut the mainline that fed the anti-siphon slope valves, not knowing that it would be in there because the valves were in a stupid spot. I can't stand seeing electric/water lines buried shallow, some people must have no idea that there is even a code for such a thing.

9. jvanvliet

Good job for a Thirsty Mate.

http://www.beckson.com/tmpumps.html

10. jvanvliet

Bad pipe, naughty pipe :laugh:

badpipe.jpg