Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

24volt wet/dry vacs are available, the vac is under a $100, the batteries and charger are sold seperately though. it's about a $250 buy in but look at the time saved. not only can you save a bunch of time but the mess is contained.

i use a shop vac to clean out VBs, don't use too much water and keep reusing the original water by pouring it back into the box when the vac is full.

2. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

even better:waving:

3. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Funny, you guys mention removing water from trenches and holes. Started a install last week. The meter happened to be under water, two hours and two feet deep later water is still coming out of the ground. Needless to say we have had a lot of rain, and the meter is at the bottom of the slope. I ended up getting a small pump at lowes and was able to at least find the Water line 1" HDPE and the place I want to tie in has a curve in it. ::Sigh:: Anybody know about crossing driveways on slopes?

4. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Why not utilize the meter's setter union?

5. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Always point uphill?

Keep your skis together?

6. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I believe there's a mathematical formula if you gather a bunch of calculations. but if you have a 2x4 board roughly the length of the driveway and a level you can get a fairly accurate grade for boring.

7. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

These are handy:

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-full-trash-pump-with-212cc-gas-engine-68370.html

pump.jpg

8. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure, never really played around with the fittings on the meter. Got the tie in done today though. 1" ford compression x mpt fittings, with stiffners for the HDPE, 1" brass tee, 2-1"x3" sch. 80 nipple and a 1" brass curbstop:cool2:. Anyone ever use a borzit tool?

9. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.borzit.com/
    It says it's "rock solid reliable".
    Now if it was 'solid rock reliable' I might try it. :laugh:

Check out the guy boring coral in his shorts and sandals. Safety first!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I have an older borzit that came with some inventory years ago, that I bought off a guy that was retiring. Never used it.
    Posted via Mobile Device