Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I've seen that controller twice and actually thought the functionality of it was easy.

That looks like some sort of old white 1" s x 1/2s x 1" abs tee

Cute Wiring job .

Nice!

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I don't like the Orbit functionality at all. Especially having to hit the ENTER button. I can't tell you how many times I have forgotten to hit that button on an Orbit when programming, get thru the process, and then realize it never changed the program. Tiny display screens, small font for lettering.

3. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

In my best Ralph Kramden voice:
    "One of these days, Orbit.....BANG, ZOOM, straight to the moon!"

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Any would-be client I ever had, got those piece of junk clocks pulled before I agreed to take over service. You know that the system is junk from the clock, and depending on the the clients "we just bought this house", you sell them them or bail.

5. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I bet that controller is not the original controller for that site.

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

You are correct. When I first started on it, there were two. There was one of the original Rainbird ESP exterior controller, and I can't remember the other. I believe it was tan in color, probably a Richdel/Irritrol/Hardie. At one point, we eliminated one zone that was never really used, so I eliminated the tan controller, as it was doing one station only. Then a season or so later, I go to blow out the system, and one of the doctors changes out the ESP to the orbit POS. I think there was a controller there before the ESP as well.

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Tor made a tan controller with red LED , so did RB. Both are junk.

8. Mntngoat

Mntngoat LawnSite Member

Wish I had pictures but when after we bought our home and starting some landscaping I unearthed several hundred feet of copper, feeding several sprinklers, main lines/ laterals/ risers, you name it. We made a couple months mortgage on the recycle value of the copper.

ML

9. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

A recent find at a local HOA recreation area:
    Feb16_0002.jpg Feb16_0001.jpg

Feb16_0002.jpg

Feb16_0001.jpg

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Nice boot shot; at least it's sch 40. :dancing: