Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

:laugh: That's not hard to do in Florida...

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Such a deep setting would be one (lame) way to cope with a deeper water table.

3. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

And there it is. Centrifugal pump will only pull up to a certain depth to water - you can't raise the water table, but you can lower the pump.

4. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Didn't figure to start a new thread for this, but it is dual filtered for your irrigation pleasure.

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4876.jpg

IMG_4878.jpg

5. Wet_Boots

They made a 540 spray body with that same basket strainer.

6. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Ill jump in...in my short tenure as an LI I have seen a bunch including this.
    [​IMG]

7. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

That was installed by a friend of the customer's son. She said another local company bid her 600.00 to set it up correctly. As long as its working she is going to leave is alone.

8. Wet_Boots

Phhhht - boring manifold layout, not to mention impossible to unthread a single valve :)

[​IMG]

9. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

That's what I would say.. As long as they work leave it alone- but here's our estimate to replace them if you start having issues

I mean it's a clean job... But no way to unscrew valves or if a leak occurs anywhere then the whole thing needs to be ripped out

10. Fireguy97

Fireguy97 LawnSite Senior Member

Look a little closer Gents, Those aren’t jar-top valves. They have eight teeny tiny screws holding the tops on. Do-able getting them out to re-build them.

Mick