Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You can always delete the photos, and add a boot shot, or even some onion rings.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I could but it's good for amusement in any forum I think, lol.

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i agree, i have a few manifolds that are easy to repair that are threaded and ihave made jsut a select few myself with that in mind!!

who pays, the customer of course. ihave to cut it apart anyhow, it is easier and makes more sense to split it up a bit and put in separate boxes! duH!

i have never had a customer think that was a "bad" idea, they are always thankful when i expalin it to them(if they are there)

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i wonder if the chairs where hard to sit it in?!!!!

5. Wet_Boots

Piker winterizing with a dinky compressor. Remove the end riser's nozzle to speed up the operation. :)

[​IMG]

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

On some systems I will remove the last nozzle on the zone. Primarily zones that are on the narrow parkway strip between the sidewalk and street. A lot of these heads tend to be 5', 8', or 10' nozzles. And they take quite a while to allow the water through due to gpm design. So removing the last nozzle speeds up operation.

7. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I do the same thing when I can
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Wet_Boots

I'm too lazy to do it unless it really saves time. Usually you can just push down a popup head and let the flow-by do the work.

9. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

I actually thought about doing just that very thing before I figured to use the outside hose bibb pumping air through the inside copper system. But, I didn't want to muck up their hot water supply. Plus, with my luck the drain valve would probably leak after I touched it!

10. That isn't just lazy it's d@mn lazy.