Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

When you can slip the pipe all the way to the stop without interference, one should know something is seriously wrong.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Come to think of it, though, I am generous enough with the cement to maybe make up for a socket a smidge too large. The first cement I ever used had the instructions to fully coat the pipe, then fully coat the socket, then come back and apply a second coat to the pipe, before pushing the pieces together.

3. Autoflow

Autoflow LawnSite Member

I got asked to re- install a system for new landscaping and to re-use what I could of this...

bodgey manifold (Small).JPG

4. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Make sure you reuse the controller too.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Are those tiny electric valves?

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

"Re-use" is one of the worst phrases to come out of a customer's mouth.

7. Autoflow

Autoflow LawnSite Member

haha.

This store is like our Home Depot.
    http://www.bunnings.com.au/products...page=2&filter=categoryname--Garden+Irrigation

I don't know why anyone bothers to install such a rubbish valve, but I do see them 3-4 times per year. DIY I think.

I won't be touching any of it, and it also has no backflow prevention. Complete new install if I end up doing any work there.

8. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Just don't respond with "upgrade" and use a product that is untested for reliability.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Most of the time, you gotta make sure your zipper is closed, had a shave this morning, and be able to say, " it should ALL be replaced, then warranty and continued service will make you and the site happy.":)

10. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

As long as the pipe is below the grass? ;)
    Sure we can water that pot, just let me tap into that side inlet of that head that is sticking halfway out of the ground. :rolleyes:

CIMG0425.JPG

CIMG0427.JPG