Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

People do weird stuff with those 12" pop ups...saw one in the middle of a turf area sticking out...guess they expected the lawn man to trim around it. I need to get a picture of it...people do such crazy stuff.

2. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I'm a hack for not doing irrigation work. This pic I'm prepping for a small lighting install.

IMAG0256.jpg

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

you're getting pretty handy there bucko, irrigation, troubleshooting, leak chasing, locating and now lighting. man, bcg better start looking over his shoulder. :laugh:

4. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks Jim.

The gf broke up with me this past weekened after 5 years of being together.. I don't really know why she did I never got a direct reason.

But I guess it gives me more time to work and learn new things

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

hate to hear that mitch, this may not make sense to you but i was always told that anyone can gather 'em. takes a cowboy to scatter 'em.

i got a feeling that you'll be fine :waving:

6. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Root head:

CIMG0434.JPG

CIMG0435.JPG

CIMG0436.JPG

CIMG0437.JPG

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

#3 is my favorite. WM used to make the 30 series heads to prevent root intrusion, but failed. Why you guys don't include "cookie cutting" trimming of the heads every few years in your service work, is beyond me. :dizzy:

8. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Mitch, sorry to hear that. Shall we gather again soon to commiserate via keg stands??

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Mitch, like most guys, might have missed the "we need to talk" part of a relationship. Our deal, going on thirty three years, has been to wake up in the morning, no matter what dissagrement happened last night, love each other and start over fresh: forget the past. :)

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

that gets easier as dementia sets in ;)