Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Nice rain sensor location? ;)

CIMG0570.JPG

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Beats the one I found under the eaves, one time. :dizzy:

3. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I found a sensor mounted in the gutter
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Code says you need to install one; it doesn't say where :laugh:

5. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

All of us to go to another's site and find plenty of things to criticize. That is why when you hire a new tech that has been working for 10-15 yrs it takes them a few weeks to learn "how you do it."

Irrigation is an art not a science, that is why there are so many views through the looking glass.

Trust me Kiril, I know you think I am some piker installer (along with everyone else that isn't Kiril), but I too could find some things with your systems I am sure.

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

You missed the point TXI .... as usual.

7. I thought this was the Hall of hacks and Pikers not the Who's a Hack and Piker.

I've had a couple that I can remember systems in which I was called in after the husband passed away. Requires tact and grace to do the necessary improvements. For me at least since I'm a believer God is watching me closer on those jobs. For others it's natural empathy something I have little of unless you are a dog.

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Boy howdy, that's the truth, it got so crazy with me that I quit hiring techs that said they had "xxxx years experience", preferring to hire someone who knew zip. That way, the only bad habits they learned were mine, and I could live with that. :)

9. txirrigation

from Texas

I didn't have a problem with your point. Just the derogatory statements towards someone who probably (without a doubt in my mind) knows more about practical irrigation than you. If you wanted the honest opine.

Your definitely knowledgeable, you just come across wrong.

10. txirrigation

from Texas

I just hired a guy that has been a licensed installer, then a licensed tech (when laws changed) for 18 years. It took me 2 months to get him to un-learn what Choate USA Irrigation taught him.

Had a 19yr old kid pick up resi track home installs in 3 weeks.