Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

that is really draped over a powerline? :dizzy:
  2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Gawwd forbid, I thought that, as well.
  3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Since we're showing rain sensor photos lately, here's one for a new HOA system I took over this year. Sensor attached to the side of the Hunter Pro-C, behind the 4' wall at the community entrance, underneath the branches to the tree.

Lots more to do at this project. Some zones have 10 spray heads, and some have 40+. The 40+ zones are very weak, so I'm proposing changing nozzles to Toro Precisions. Some of the wires leading into the controller go through the conduit. Problem is that as zones were added, they would just pull apart the PVC fittings leading into the controller, and fish the wires through between the fittings and pipe :dizzy:

Pete - I will place an order soon for tails. I had to install two 12 stations on this one and one one other. I'll replace them out later in the summer.

4. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

I think it is actually a fiber line for cable TV/Internet, but even at that...
  5. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Could be this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2ihL_FrFPs&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

From my employee's house...WOW!!!!
  7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

At least Boots uses galvanized risers. :rolleyes:
  8. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

HO calls and says that the grass area by the outdoor sitting area has a leak.
    Checked the meter, no movement at all.
    Fired up all of the zones in the area, nothing broken or leaking.
    Checked controller programming, a little excessive but not enough to cause the area to be this wet.
    Walked the area again and finally realized the real problem. There's a "leaky pipe" sitting on the end of the driveway above the wet area that is connected to a hose timer, which is set to run everyday for 54 minutes.

9. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

this place was installed by a local outfit. the rust gives away their lazy practice of up sizing spray nozzles to make up for only having one row of heads.

10. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Nice distribution though.