1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

very efficient irrigation....

2012 June 1 066.jpg

2012 June 1 064.jpg

2012 June 1 057.jpg
  2. TX Easymoney

these watered across patios and hardscapes...all acceptable to the homeowners whose plants they watered-

2012 June 1 038.jpg

2012 June 1 037.jpg

2012 June 1 033.jpg
  3. TX Easymoney

nice placement of bush...rotor waters grass on other side -

2012 June 1 112.jpg
  4. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

I see that stuff almost every day. The landscaper comes in and makes a bunch of changes whilst ignoring anything irrigation related.
    Landscaper makes out like a bandit and leaves the HO to deal with the irrigation issues (with what's left of their money).
  5. TX Easymoney

this property also has a controller with 3 valves on it...one zone has 3 rotors, the next has one rotor and the third has 4 rotors on it--all the rotors water wide open areas, plants, grass, trees...whatever
    -they are trying to understand why they spend so much on water-

we worked on the property 6 or 7 years ago and they stopped using us as we continually told them that what they were doing was wasting water and that they needed to add zones...etc..
    fast foreward many years and the proeprty has many more coverage problems as tons of plants have been added to turf
  6. HokieAg07

HokieAg07 LawnSite Senior Member

I have those on a few jobs, work just fine for me.
  7. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I am entering myself into the hall. I forgot to take a pic but here is how it went. A few years ago At a place I take care of they cemented a head into the cobblestone curbing but it still worked so I left well enough alone. But then last week someone broke the turret off the top and water was shooting straight up. I told the owners we need to bust up the curb to repair it. The asked if there was another way. I said I would try. The head was mounted on a cutoff riser directly on the lateral. The pipe continued under the driveway to feed the rest of the zone so I couldn't just cut it and move it. So I filled the can of the PGP with a tube of PL premium construction adheasive and installed a new head next to it. Not my proudest moment but it worked.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Bronze Member

when duct tape wont hold it, PL always will!!
  9. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Not for long I would think, but would probably leak less than a PGP anyways.:laugh:
  10. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

You should submit your letter of resignation and go join the piker forum.