Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

ants can fill up a box, if they work at it

2. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

i like this idea of a layer of concrete. A thin layer of concrete or a masonry mix should be enough to keep them out but still thin enough to be easily removed if needed.

3. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

My boss warned me about this particular controller at a Mcd's in Redmond. We use the front two zones of this system only. The controller is in the back of the kitchen next to the guy that stands at the window and takes the money. Would have been very easy to do a exterior mount, I guess that the last guy must have lost the door for this particular unit, so he had to mount it inside.

5bfab0259978__1343885308000.jpg

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

looks like a great wiring job there

5. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Never seen one of those and hope I never do.

6. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

I wonder why your boss didn't replace it?

I assume the wires on the left are the transformer wires, do-it-yourself mickey d's manager.

7. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

It looks like it belongs in up by Eddie in P Town or over by me on Fire Island.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

What the hell kind of clock is that?

9. cjohn2000

The clock is made by HIT products. After knowing that it made sense why it was there, alot of our mcd's properties have HIT pop ups and such. No real reason why we havent replaced it, considering it is plugged into an outlet strip in the kitchen where it seems to constantly get unplugged. Told my boss we could outdoor mount an indoor and plug the wall wart to an interior outlet. These arent high margin jobs. Not too hard to program, but it would look better on my wall of shame.:laugh:

10. cjohn2000

A POS, PITA clock