Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeahhhhhhh .... I pulled all but two zone control wires, because thats all we use for the front of the property, and people will program 10 minutes for everything. It has a Hunter wireless rain sensor but someone pulled the 24vac wires and I didnt feel like opening a can of worms. But on the bright side ill be working on different MCd's properties for the next three days, should have some more pics, almost guaranteed:rolleyes:.

2. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

that is one gay clock...literally

3. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

That's sooo funny!

I saw that controller out in redmond too at a different place for my first time last week. I took the pic but hadn't put it on LS

20120730_155222.jpg

4. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

That one I posted is for that MCD's on Redmond way at the end of 520. At least yours has a door.
    Gotta love that slogan on the inside of the door, "programming is easy, just follow the rain bow" ::hammerhead::

5. mrsteve

mrsteve LawnSite Member

I saw one of these one time and it had a local installers name on it. Permanent like, not a decal or sticker. Made it look like this company made it. It seemed odd because this installer had been pretty much exclusive Weathermatic. If I remember right it was simple enough once you figured out the correct steps to programming.

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i poured the curb and gutter in 1975, held up well. the transformer is holding its own.

100_8102.jpg

7. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

that looks like about a 4.0 nozzle..... lol

8. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

The likely back story to that rotor is this:

Irrigation Contractor: "That landscape architect wants it installed 'per spec,' I will show him 'per spec."

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

nah, been a campfire girls lot for 50 years plus. the transformer was installed within the last 20 yrs.

the P&R dept. just doesn't have a clue
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

Check out this awesome repair. They had repaired the mainline in 2 locations like this and laterals in 2 spots as well. Wonder why the pressure was so bad? I could hear the water screaming through these little sections when I walked over them. Funny, when I replaced them with 1" pipe, the system worked better. Go figure...

2012-08-13_08-58-53_687.jpg