1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. avernon0112

avernon0112 LawnSite Member

Nice one!!
  2. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, I really don't know what to say. Creative= YES!
  3. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like something I would have thought about doing in my younger years:rolleyes:
  4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Wow. Customer's site (new). Yes, this will re rectumfied.

At least they used a pipe clamp to the concrete, albeit a drywall screw.

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

You get the good ones Matt. Why the hell they did not use sch 80 is beyond me, I know why copper was not used.:dizzy:
  6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

just cover it up with mulch :)
  7. TaylorCustomScapes

TaylorCustomScapes LawnSite Member

I just about ended up a member of this "hackers hall of fame" thread the other day. I was staking out the back yard for some landscaping (a few trees, shrubs, and edging) and the guy asked if I could move the irrigation thing in his yard. The moment I caught myself calling it a "thing" I just told him I had no clue how to do it, and he should call his original installer on that one.

I feel like I avoided a traffic accident or something, I shouldn't feel this proud :confused:
  8. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Second job I've run across in a week where the original installer put A/S valves in a box in the ground. Thought I would reuse the valves on this one and just clean them and install above grade per code. Turns out the genius who put them in used blue glue on the MA threads into the valves...

Also funny that they put the valves in the middle of a french drain... maybe that was to carry away the backflow of water thru the A/S after each cycle?

What got me out to the job was a leak in the old rusty galvanized supply line where it connected via a dialectric coupling to the 3/4" coming out of the house, went though a concrete step and under the wooden tie at the base of the steel fence. Went over the step w/ SCH 80 after a new Matco ball valve, then new Rain Bird ASVF valves.

More pics tomorrow after i finish. Got a late start on this topday and didn't have replacement valves on hand.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  9. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Beautiful concrete work, I bet that site is class all the way.:dizzy:
  10. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Good idea, reuse trash. :hammerhead: