1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Big time, I like to see about a quarter of an inch of purple primer showing at the insert, never used any glue other than medium- grey .Wet'n dry only for emergencies. I have even been known to start all over if I spilled too much primer/glue into the socket. Geez, why did I have almost no glue failures? :dizzy:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

I try to be frugal but never too little with glue and primer, but spills happen etc, just dont let it sit there and melt away........never a problem
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

Had to straighten out a new worker this week. Seems the last place he worked they taught him to wipe the excess glue from joint with his finger and then smear it onto the pipe. They Also taught him to throw any cut off pieces into the trench and bury it with the pipe.

Oy vey...

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

beats licking it off his finger, i don't like scraps in the ditch. throw it away, far away.

5. grassman177

that is why we have tons of cheap paper towels, what a hack that guy used to work for eh>

6. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

"...One of these things is not like the other one of these things just doesn't belong..." Top left of box in green

IMG_0349.jpg

7. grassman177

all i know is that wiring is making me sick.

8. cjohn2000

Mitchigo might know where this is at, Gilman Village Mcd's. Top left in that box is an orbit valve:hammerhead:

9. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Yup I've been there plenty of times. We replaced a 4" DC for Gilman's strip earlier this season.

I wish we did more commericial, less dealing with customers.

10. cjohn2000

Yeah pretty far out there for us, next furthest one is Pine Lake and then North Bend. Not to proud to work on the Mcds most of 'em old scabbed systems. Oh well, its fun and nice to have the work