Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i figured you all up in wa had enough rain to not have irrigation

2. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

47 days no rain here. It's supposed to a bit today though. Seattle statistically is one of the drier cities in the country during the summer time.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

People at I.A. were always amazed at my name tag coming from WA State.
    This time of year, we have less precipitation than Phoenix, AZ!

4. grassman177

learned something new today. crazy.

we were hella dry this year, and still are very behind and a bit moist is all

5. grassman177

holy cow. what is your guys average rainfall per year. ours is about 35in, but we are like 8 -10 inches i think behind that average this summer.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

We are about 38 inches, but it comes in the winter, so sprinklers are the norm up north, since we barely get enough to slick your hair in the summer, especially this year, with no rain even measured for 44+ days.

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

We only get about 14"-16" here. And I think we have only gotten 6"-8" do far. Very dry.
    When I visited Oregon in late July, every house in the neighborhood we stayed in had sprinklers. But many of the systems looked junkie. BUT - they also didn't have the best lawns either. Most lawns looked partially dormant, dry areas here and there, lots of weeds or other grasses within the lawn. They don't seem so picky to have the ultimate beautiful green lush lawn.

8. grassman177

dang, you guys shouldnt grow grass then really, right? lol.

we have had a nasty year, record service calls from ground shifts cracking fittings etc.

9. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

apparently it is much easier to just throw irrigation wire on the top of ground-

...and while your at it, after you install plants, be sure to leave the containers as they might be useful later- :rolleyes:

And so the manager asks me what could be wrong with the irrigation and if it is easy to fix--while i'm standing there after talking to him for about 3 minutes-

this is a Twin Peaks restaurant --gonna hate to be hanging around there 'troubleshooting' :nono:

2012 Twin Peaks RR 031.jpg

2012 Twin Peaks RR 004.jpg

10. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

"When we are so use to seeing this no one comments :("