1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

downspouts should drain into those bamboo teeter-totter thingies :)
  2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Not that way on any house I've ever seen.
  3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

You're joking, right?
  4. irrig8r

That is apprently how they do things in Turkey. The photo was submitted by Trend Peyzaj. I looked them up. http://www.trendpeyzaj.com/
  5. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Yea:laugh: but a builder told me many years ago that they install them backwards to prevent seed or mulch from washing away. In my opinion they are practically worthless.
  6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

How about tite lines, rather than those stupid blocks?
  7. irrig8r

Ran across this yesterday. A/S Toro valves below grade. Top of the valves 6" below the lid of the 1419 box (at grade.) Excavating revealed a slow leak, lots of camphor tree roots, and old pipe abandoned by someone before when one valve was converted to drip.

Also had to use my Socket Saver to ream out one side of a tee just downstream of a completely buried PVC ball valve because the valve fittings were all butted up to each other. Also took a bit longer to do all because temps were in the mid 90's.

Installed three new RB ASVF valves and a new hose bib secured to a post.

Going back to finish all connections today.
  8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i have fitting savers and the reamer set, i bought a right angle attachment for the cordless which is the bomb.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. irrig8r

Got a new DeWalt Li-Ion 20 V drill-impact driver set recently. Lighter than my 12 V Ni-Cad XRP. Better grip and balance too. That's what I used to ream with.
  10. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Lady calls up and says she found a sprinkler head underneath a shrub she just removed but it doesn't work

No water came out of the head for all of the nearby zones so I started digging thinking it was a clog. I'm following the swing pipe down and around to find a 1804 buried 1' down connected to the same pipe! Right next to it was another 1804 1' deep so I started following that. Found the other end!

4 1804's buried and connected as pairs:dancing::dizzy: