1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Who dictates water quality regs in your market? Oviviously, you don't subscribe to any rules and regs we have out west.
  2. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

No, but now I want to see this "wall of infamy" That is my own collection of crap. The green in the bottom corner is a 6 zone Moody
  3. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Indiana Department of Environmental Management
    According to standards from the Foundation for Cross-Connection Control and Hydraulic Research USC.
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Memo to Cactus Hug ~ Washington State changed their code several years ago to the same "toxic backflow" requirements seen in many other states. No more DCVAs allowed.
  5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

So, we're on the same page? The 'but" is why DCVAs are not permitted in your market, even though USC approves them? :dizzy:
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  6. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

They are not approved for irrigation and haven't been since at least 1986.
  7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Unless something has changed since the last time I looked, USC does not approve DCVA's for health hazard applications, which IMO irrigation is, even if some jurisdictions don't think so.

On the issue of RPZA's, some of the Watts assemblies can be installed in a pit, however they also note it is not recommended and to refer to local codes.

It is generally recommended that back flow preventers never be placed in pits unless absolutely necessary and then only when approved by local codes. In such cases, a modified pit installation is preferred.
  8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

How long have you had your BPAT Correy?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I test 1500 back flow devices a year... suck it b!tches ..i could give a ef less what you think how the rules should be lol.. tired of the stupid argument too
  10. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

you talkin to me? I don't. Might be getting it though at some point in the next year, that and a tow behind compressor. No way in hell i am doing blowouts with this pos roofing compressor next year, that may mean a new job unfortunately.