Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

the nerve of them..... sir
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. jrmikka

jrmikka LawnSite Member

did you get the name of the crew for what they said to you?

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i would be irate at that attitude. i have pointed things out like this before, very large ones, and nothing was done for 5 weeks

4. stebs

stebs LawnSite Senior Member

Call whoever is paying for that water there and let em know. You may even get a job out of it. :)

5. jrmikka

jrmikka LawnSite Member

Did you call local authorities?

6. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Number one problem with the landscape industry. I hear it all the time. Makes me sick. That problem equals $$$
    Mike

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Why? It is entirely possible it is not the mow & blow companies job to maintain the irrigation, per their contract.

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

My point was the sprinkler guys should depend on the mow crew to alert them to problems, they're on site more than we are. If it was a mall with a big box anchor tenant, I might have gone there, but, quite frankly, those dickwads get their yearly bonus off what they save off turf & irrigation. :hammerhead:

9. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

No. The sprinkler guy should have his ass out there weekly inspecting the system and making any necessary repairs otherwise he should just go be a mow and blow guy himself.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

True, but as you can see, this system was losing water, big time, even as I sat and fumed from the motor home. SOMEONE should have had the brass to call someone who knew the (ho ho) sprinkler guys. We walked the site weekly on all our large clients; if they complained, cone markers in the truck, pay your last bill and F**k you, by the way.