Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

The assemblies we installed had sufficient side-by-side clearance, unions, gravel sump with at least 8" of clearance below and a jumbo or larger v.b. Testing was a snap. Now, "installed by others" were a major p.i.t.b. and more than a few we refused to test. :hammerhead:

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

This place is getting a new neko lock paver driveway so they took the opportunity to redo the cobble stone curb but the footing they poured was huge. The grade had to come way down where the valve box was so we dug the manifold up and found this gem. The grass is going to burn out on top of the concrete because there is only going to be an inch of soil so I told the landscaper that we should run a zone of drip around the entire curb and run it during the day when its hot. He is going to run it past the owners.

I hate those white 1/2"x3/4" nipples they always break and you cant get them out with the nipple extractor. I would like to choke who ever installed them. I have to replace about 5 a year at this place.

photo(35).jpg

photo(40).jpg

photo(38).jpg

photo(42).jpg

photo(43).jpg

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Pic 1 gets the funky manifold of the week award.

4. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

I like that yellow bucket.... so clean and purty.

5. greenmonster304

It's a pickle bucket so it smells good too.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. No Rush

No Rush LawnSite Member

Is that multi-strand on the manifold? My least favorite thing about an install is running the wires but, I really don't lke to use multi-strand for field wiring.

7. greenmonster304

It's the norm here. I haven't looked at the chart lately but I think you can run it 1500' or so and even more if you use a 14 ga common. So for most residential you are fine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

About the time irrigation cable isn't hardy enough, you're looking at a situation that would destroy any wiring you chose.

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

all i use is multistrand, it is also the normal here for residential and small commercial. i dont get into the large gage wire often.

i would be suprised if the owner goes for a drip zone just for that, although we care enogh to think these things thru, they often dont see the reason and the expense

10. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

If they do not want to run the drip in the shallow area, then the land-scraper should fix HIS booboo by running some 16 to 18 inch pavers on top of the shallow area in towards the deeper lawn area.