Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Since they now have ball valve curb stops, you'd have to get more precise and use something older in design, because even a Ford ball valve will require winterizing in sprinkler applications.

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

what does this mean? Did you hold the note and they defaulted?

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

No, I sold the biz and they paid it off, then they sold the company again. My last system I was retained to manage, and I get to deal with the no-show subs again.:dizzy:

4. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I only spec curb stops on iso valves that are deep, subject to ground water or you cant see them. Never understood why people put ball valves in the same box as the backflow. Saw one once where the installer put a gate valve before and after the backflow or the plastic globe valves:hammerhead:

5. cjohn2000

I think the real kicker is the rain sensor on the end of the conduit.

IMG_20130820_093440_335.jpg

fail.JPG

6. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

7. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I see this a lot from a guy that does a lot of work in my area. He prob does more installs than I do, I'm guessing he is way cheaper than me since he doesn't believe or probably understand the head-to-head principle. Apparently he's never heard of swing pipe but I guess he keeps the fitting store in business.

8. stebs

stebs LawnSite Senior Member

If those were all threaded fittings I could understand it, but glued?? come on!

9. cjohn2000

And not even properly glued, look at the joint he glued on the outside. Whats that whole arrangement supposed to be? A DWV p-trap?:laugh:

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Early prototype of a low head drain check.

The extra plumbing was for pushing water.......up.....hill...:)