Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Often wondered the same about you but the post count rolls on, and on, and on
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I am powered by Cosmic Rays... :walking:

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sure you will be around a long, long time Boots :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

The first three are all from the same site. The QC along with eight others was installed before the dcva.

IMG_20131106_102018_419.jpg

IMG_20131106_105220_450.jpg

Capture.JPG

5. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

So back in July I get a call from the caretaker of this place that I have work for 6 years. He wanted a price on installing drip on the tiered walls on the hill to water grasses. I go and look and told him it would be about $5,800 +/-. He then tells me the landscaper gave the home owner a price of $2,500 and asked if I would match it. I said no way and told him to watch out because that price was way too low.

So today i was there blowing it out and it was my first time back since i gave my price and I got to see what this clown did. I look down on the hill and see he ran 2 lines on drip in a 4' bed of pure sand; no valve box; never wired the valves; manifold not connected to the main. I don't even think it will work when I straighten it out n the spring. The way the guy fed the drip I don't think it will make it to the end. You get what you pay for I guess.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Senior Member

he did install the zone. maybe he gave a separate price to connect it to the main

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Kinda like " orange juice , all ya can drink for .25 cents" and when they ask for more you tell them that is all you can drink for .25 cents.

8. Rcn971

Rcn971 LawnSite Member

At least he didn't bury the valves.....lol. Looks like it would be around 4000' of dripline. Even at $5800 you weren't going to make a killing given the conditions you are dealing with.

I lived out on the Island for a year. There was some really nice work, but the bad jobs were really bad. I'll have to remember to snap a few shots for this thread as there are some real prize installers here where I'm at as well.

9. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Where on the island did you live/work?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Rcn971

Rcn971 LawnSite Member

I lived in Smithtown for a year and worked for PI Services.....Frank Realmudo....not sure of last name spelling. That was 20 years ago though....lol.