Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Green Sweep

Green Sweep LawnSite Senior Member

These pics are from a local football field that had irrigation installed three years ago. RB 7005's, booster pump, 1.5" PGA's - everything installed as specified. Only one problem - 1.5" laterals 6 to 8" deep. School had the field aerated and entire system is trashed. We are reinstalling the laterals from the valves (18" deep!), installing new swing joints and connecting to the heads. Attorneys involved and everything - guess they are going after the original installer.

jean1.JPG

jean2.JPG

2. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

Wow..that's brutal.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Holy cannoli.....

4. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

That's some deep aerating, that being said I have hit lines on residentials that were no more 2 inches deep. Not sure what code is on those kinds of things but I would think that 12 inches would be safe minimum.

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I saw this gem yesterday at a church while xmas shopping in historic Manitou Springs. Plumbed out through the window pane, no testcocks, hose bibb drain before the PVB which defeats the purpose of the PVB if someone attaches a hose, I love how the rain sensor is turned up, and I have no idea where the green hose goes in the ground or through the window. Oh and it should be an RP instead due to the terrain.

churchpvb.jpg

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Testcocks aren't really necessary to make a PVB function.

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

on that field, all be it, not the deepest mainline, but usually at least that is a bare minimum I have had to go in some areas due to obstructions beyond my helping, that however should not have been the case in that location. ok, that is some deep aeration. looks to be the kind that is deeper without cores am I right? usually vibration action....

8. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Hope the school had a spec sheet that specified pipe depth.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Green Sweep

Green Sweep LawnSite Senior Member

I have the specs which specifies: "ALL PVC PIPE SHALL BE SDR 21 CLASS 200 SOLVENT WELD. BURIED WITH A MINIMUM OF 18" OF COVER". It was a deeper aeration - not your typical 4" tines.

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

yup, contractor is gonna eat it...........